In summary this system is based on a “Process” approach to business, with senior management involvement from the start. Flow Charts are developed based on information flow through business, which means there is full employee involvement and this encourages Integrated Management Systems (IMS). Emphasis is made on agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), which are derived from the Business Strategy.
The key benefits obtained from implementing this system are that
- Focus is given to Business performance and not just compliance.
- It is fully integrated from Business not a Standard Perspective.
- Recognizes Human Resource impact.
- Covers communication.
- Compared to previous systems there is a reduced level of documentation.
- Emphasis is given to measurement of results.
- Continual improvement, and
- Enhanced Customer satisfaction.